Thursday, April 5, 2012

Goodwill: No Class, But Many Records

Ramona and I got lucky and our night class was cancelled a couple days ago, so we decided to go to the local Goodwill.

Now, we've started to shy away from this one. It switched to a new building across town, and their selection of records was the lethal mixture of both static and common. As the store settled though, they've gotten in some new stuff. Unfortunately, they're stacking them horizontally. *facepalm* and they have the shelves set up so that they can't stand them up straight. I'm seriously considering going in with a screwdriver and moving their shelves around. -_-

Anyway, we buckled down and went through them, and actually managed to come up with a few things worth shelling out the fifty cents a piece.

This is an interesting older compilation of Disney songs. Ramona likes Disney.

Ramona really, really loves Snoopy.

We're really into flamenco and classical guitar right now, 
hopefully this has some good songs on it!


This record is interesting, I picked up a Ferrante & Teicher record a couple days before this pick, I'm not familiar with the music but it had a really really cool blue cover. that post will be up soon, but when we got to Goodwill, Ramona pointed this one out and I was like, wow, they just have really cool minimalist covers with good pictures! So I picked it up. Might end up with a F&T collection before long, haha.
This is another one for our "exotica" collection, haha.



This is another one for my pretty expansive Tchaikovsky collection. Not my favorite piece, and I don't like Grieg, but it has a good cover so I made an exception.
Such an awesome cover! How could I say no??? and it's like, four LPs of whatever music this is.

If I see a copy of Whipped Cream, I buy it. It's a very simple plan.

This cover is kind of disconcerting in person. It looks like she is very, very close to you. 
It's a weird, cool effect though. Hilariously, someone donated this after buying it from 2nd and Charles.

Haven't had a chance to listen to this. It's a DJ record, from someone named zod.0, hopefully they were pre Tosh.0 as to not be a copycat...

Got all of these for less than $10 total, so it was a pretty good haul!

No comments:

Post a Comment