Friday, May 11, 2012

Crate Digging On a Tuesday

Crate Digging On a Tuesday

                           We visited some of our favorite stores and scored some awesome stuff!
  Big Brother & The Holding Co. - Live
I was very excited when Mr. Empty pulled this out of the new arrival bin at Papa Jazz. I got this for a great price and it's a pretty rare record! This record is a collection of early songs from 1966 released in the 80's. I was very happy to learn that Blow My Mind is on the album which is one of my favorite Big Brother songs.

 
Norman Greenbaum - Spirit In The Sky 
Spirit In The Sky is my grandma's favorite song of all time. I had to get this because it reminds me of her and also that it is an awesome song.

 The White Stripes - Elephant
I finally own this! I won this in an action on Ebay. An early 2003 pressing from Third Man Records. I paid a little bit for it but it's in great condition so I couldn't not buy it. 
 Red and White pressing!


 The White Stripes - Conquest 7"
B-side It's My Fault For Being Famous produced by Beck. It came with a cool poster of Meg and Jack and also a rare Beck trading card.


 Sunny Day Real Estate - The Pink Album
Mr. Empty got this at Scratch N' Spin and I was excited because it's so pink! He tells me that it is proto-emo. It was Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance before Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance.
 Very pretty pink and white marble LP.

 The Black Keys - Brothers 
After much deliberation, Mr. Empty finally bought this album. He loves The Black Keys and I think he was waiting for a picture disc to be released and got tired of waiting. It's a really good album and it came with a huge poster that we may put up one day.

 Mr. Empty found an Arlo Guthrie 45. The City of New Orleans with b-side Ukulele Lady 

 Gary Newman - Cars 45 

The b-side has a factory defect when it was pressed
so it was a good thing that Mr. Empty really only 
bought this because he likes the song Cars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment