Friday, March 9, 2012

Fat Cats: Record store number two in Boone!

Fat Cats was the store we were originally trying to get to in Boone. This store was a little weird, a little crazy, and all cool. Big wall with record crates on the left side, and video rentals on the right of the store. Chatted for a good long while with a cool shopkeep in here, he suggested a great Thai place that we went to after.

Ramona: "This has Superstition on it. Enough said. Also, it has the braille inside."  

Ramona: "60s band, famous for Knock Three Times, and famous for from the movie Now and Then. Kind of like Ohio Express, very sing-along sixties style."

Ramona: "Never heard of this dude. On Vanguard, looks like early Baez and Dylan, one of those folk singers, dirty hippy in wingtips types. Should be interesting!"

Ramona: "Ike and Tina Turner Live at Carnegie Hall. Tri-fold, double LP, with lots of pictures of the happy couple, including one of Ike with machine gun bullets on a belt around his scrawny torso. Hopefully it has a lot of raw, live singing from Tina. Has Proud Mary, and Piece of My Heart."

Mr. Empty: "Picked this record up because I'm descended from Stonewall Jackson on my father's side, and I thought this guy might be related to me. Turns out that's a stage name, so, bummer. Anyway, Ramona tells me this is a rare record. It better be good or I'll just be disappointed all around."

Mr. Empty: "Found this record once in Fat Cat's for like $10, which isn't terrible but it's a little more than I usually am in the mood to pay for a Herb Alpert album that isn't Whipped Cream. So I put it back, and then when I went to their discount, "3 for $5" crates, I found it and got it for a lot cheaper. I haven't listened to this particular record but everything he did with Tijuana Brass is really great jam music."

Mr. Empty: "Classic BOC, not in the best condition, but I got it for nice and cheap, so I don't mind. "

Mr. Empty: "A later Carly Simon record, she started to get a little ragged with the hair but that's okay. I still dig it. :P"

Mr. Empty: "This is a Little Red Riding Hood record. Look at that scary-ass wolf! So many teeth!"

No comments:

Post a Comment