Friday, March 30, 2012

Record Convention

Record Convention - Columbia, SC

There were only a handful of people at this convention in February. We got to meet and talk to some really interesting people about their lives on the road selling vinyl. We were very lucky to find some great deals.
 I absolutely love The Doors. I hope that one day I can have a huge tab like this one seller did. He had lots of rare stuff but all a bit to pricey for me.

Mr. Empty and I are building a miscellaneous section in our collection modeled after this. :)   

 The Blue Oyster Cult - Tyranny And Motivation
Mr. Empty is a fan of Blue Oyster Cult so when I found this is a 2 dollar bin I knew we were getting it! 
On the back of this LP there is a 'Governmental Use Only' gold embossed stamp. Whatever that means! 

 Dusty Springfield - Dusty 
I dug this Mono copy out of a 2 dollar bin and was so excited! It features the great song 'I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself'!

 The Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bollocks, Here's The Sex Pistols 
Okay, so we did not get this out of a 2 dollar bin. Wish we had though! Mr. Empty and I went in on this record. It's a first pressing and in great condition. We love punk.

 Eric Burdon & The Animals - Winds of Change
A cool album I got for nothing at all. I find The Animals to be soothing so I keep this album around to listen to on a rainy day. 

The Beach Boy - Pet Sounds
This was probably the most exciting and best find of the day. I have been looking for this album for a long time. I'm glad I waited to buy an expensive copy somewhere because I found this lurking in a 2 dollar bin. :) It is an original first pressing in wonderful condition! I'm so happy I finally own a copy!

Elergy - The Nice
Mr. Empty haggled with the $5 price tag on this record and got it down to 3 dollars for me. He loves to haggle. Love the cover of this record and the actual record itself is in mint condition. It's hard to believe that a mint condition of this record even exists because stoners didn't take care of their records back in the day. Now that I own this record, I see it everywhere. Isn't that how it goes? 

No comments:

Post a Comment